We, Japan SLC, produce the laboratory animals, according to the standard operating procedures under the stable environment. Also, we maintain and control a quality and characteristics of the animals produced by microbial and genetic monitoring.
For production of the uniform laboratory animal which maintained characteristics, maintenance and production of the strain is performed by strict production system based on the production control standard.
- Maintenance and production by rotation breeding scheme
- Maintained colony: Strain maintenance and production of seed animals by the brother-sister mating
- Multiplication colony: Multiplication of seed animals used to Production colony and Hybrid (F1) production colony by the brother-sister mating in the maintained colony
- Production colony: Animal production by random mating in multiplication colony
- Hybrid (F1) production colony by mating between females and males of different inbred strain
Animals are bred and cared in the following environment;
Mouse・Rat・Hamster・Mongolian gerbil ： 23～25°C
Guinea pig ： 21～25°C
Rabbit ： 20～24°C
|Ventilation frequency||All fresh air 10～15times/hour|
|Illuminance||150～300Lux （80cm above the floor)|
|Lighting cycle||Light (8:00～20:00)、Dark (20:00～8:00)|
|Air||Sterilized by 3-stage filters; front,middle,final (HEPA)|
|Aeration||Pan-type air conditioning system is used as flow system|
Breeding Environmental Monitoring
Examination of drinking water, and performance tests of autoclave and ethylene oxide gas sterilizers are periodically performed.
Animal Behavioral Monitoring
Production efficiency of each production colony is monitored and recorded in weekly report.
Breeding technical person carefully observes animal and detects early abnormal animal.
Animals are given following diet;
Autoclaved diets (Nosan Corporation, PMI Inc.)
Irradiated diets (PMI Inc., Funabashi Farm Co.,Ltd.)
- 1) Staphylococcus aureus tested only specified strains.
Mouse Inbred Strains
- Biochemical, immunogenetic and molecular-genetic markers.
- Animals from each foundation stock colony and multiplication colony.
- At least once a year for each test item in each strain.
Physiological Parameter Tests
Body weight measurement
Organ weight measurement
- Test items：brain・heart・lung・liver・spleen・kidney・adrenal・testis・ovary・thymus・pituitary gland
- Test items：RBC・Ht・Hb・WBC・PLT・MCV・MCH・MCHC
Blood biochemical tests
- Test items：AST・ALT・ALP・TG・ALB・TP・A/G・GLU・PL・T-BIL・BUN・T-CHO・Ca・IP・CRE・Na・K・Cl